TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information via our apps, online software, website, booking forms, contact forms, emails, SMS, facebook messenger, telephone and any other forms of communication:
- Identity Data, this may include your full name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data, this may include your address, email address, telephone numbers and emergency contacts.
- Financial Data, this may include invoicing information and payment methods.
- Other Data, this may include information about your pet or information relevant to the service provision.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate our services.
- To provide our customers with ongoing customer assistance or support.
- To collect payments for services and or goods supplied.
- To provide relevant information regarding our services.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- To improve our services.
- To keep internal records up to date.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will normally collect personal information from you when we need the personal information to perform a contract with you or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests. In certain cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Veterniary Professionals or Animal Welfare Officers.
- Professional Advisers such as Lawyers, Bankers or Insurers.
- Regulators such as HM Revenue & Customs or the Local Authority.
- IT professionals who provide our website or business systems.
We may also disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law. We will never use your personal information for marketing without your consent. All third parties which may require access to your personal information must respect the security of your personal information and treat it in accordance with the GDPR.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store personal information on our business system servers which are located within and outside the European Economic Area. All information will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have put in place both physical and electronic measures to safeguard and secure your personal information against accidental loss and unauthorised access. Please note that the transmission of information via the internet or by email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our website, apps or email.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes in which we collected it and for the purposes of any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We must keep a record of financial and accounting history with you for a minimum of 6 years. After this time, all information will be destroyed securely.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
You have the right to access, update or request deletion of any personal information which we hold. You also have the right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal information and request portability of that information. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us in writing or emailing us at email@example.com alternatively you also have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins or applications. Clicking on or contacting us via any third party links may allow third parties to collect or share personal information about you. We can not control these third party links and are not responsible for how they use or handle your personal information. We would advise you to read the privacy notice of every link which you visit.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way we handle your personal information please contact us in writing or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This privacy notice was last updated on 22/05/18 and will be kept under regular review. Please see the most recent privacy notice online at www.walkswithpaws.com/privacy